Sunday 20 January 2008

Wild Horses

Ok so I forgot a very important detail yesterday. I'm pretty sure I saw Ron Weasley at age 11 walking around Oxford yesterday. He had the schoolboy jacket with the little (gryffindor?) crest on the pocket and everything! i know it was him. haha. Anyway, today, most of the group got up and went to St. Aldate's church - it was amazing! It was much more similar to the church I go to in Abilene than I imagined it would be. It was such a cool experience. I've always known that there were Christians all over the world, but it was such a great reminder about just how big God really is. I can't even imagine it. There are people everywhere who worship the same God that I do. That is such a cool thing to actually discover, rather than to just know it as a fact. It's awesome and mind-boggling all at the same time...much like everything in Oxford. After church we ate lunch at the house and then went to Port Meadows - gorgeous! It may be more appro- priate to refer to the majority of the meadow as "Port Lake" right now due to the massive flooded area, but the grassy area is so beautiful. We got to play with wild horses!! That was so cool - I had never seen wild horses like that before and I got to pet a few of them! I can't wait til spring when the grass dries out and we can just go hang out in the meadows. They look exactly how I imagine England or Ireland from movies - just big green spaces with wild horses. I want to just take my journal and a blanket and a good book and go sit. Or maybe take a nap. It's a great place. They should keep meadows in the states. Port Meadow has not had anything built on it or been used for anything other than a meadow since at least somewhere around 1060. Wow. On our way back from the meadows, I stopped on St. Bernard's Road to check out the Bed and Breakfast where my family will be staying. Mom, Dad and Curt - that blue door will be your front door for a week in march! Katherine, unfortunately, wasn't there, but hopefully I'll get to meet her sometime. Finally, for dinner, I got to experience Ali Kebab's. Ali is amazing. He feeds me cheap. I will definitely be visiting him again. After that, I had an awesome time singing with Kara while she and Grant and Jeremy played guitar. It was so much fun - there is so much talent on this trip! I can't wait to see more of it come out over the semester! We're gonna start a band. Well, classes start tomorrow. Maybe reality will set in that I actually live here once I start school work. We'll see! Cheers!

No comments: