Thursday 17 January 2008

Longest day of my life!

So "this morning"... which was really yesterday but I haven't slept so it's still today in my head... I got up early, ate donuts that Katie and Cassey so graciously went and got for us and I packed my life up to go to Oxford. We left Abilene around 10am and had an eventful bus ride to DFW, promising a great semester ahead including characters such as Jeremy Varner, Grant Vickery, Chris Shim, Kara Dubose, Daley Neiderhoffer and Zach Smith. Jessalyn and Casey Rogers have already been documenting the entire trip on video and camera - not that we would ever forget these moments anyways. (first event: chris shim pulls out the sparkling cider and dixie cups on the bus as a celebration of our departure...and then explodes the bottle all over zach's lap and the bus windows...priceless). Got to the airport around 12:30ish only to find out that our flight had been delayed an hour...so we tried to entertain ourselves in the airport until we finally departed at 5:15 Dallas time. Then we flew longer than I've ever flown before (i was very entertained by the little gps system in front of me that would show me exactly what we were flying over at that instant and told me all kinds of great info...at one point we were at 38,000 ft and it was -74 degrees outside.) We arrived in London 9 hours later - 2:15am dallas time, 8:15 am London time. and jet lag set in. we made it to the houses (thanks to our hilarious "steering wheel attendant" bus driver) and i officially moved into my new home at 10 Canterbury way. we spent the afternoon settling in and touring downtown oxford. lots of walking. not lots of energy. oxford is an incredibly "quaint" little town...it's just like movies. who knew it really looked this way? cute old cottage-style houses. im looking out my window across the street where there are houses covered in ivy with large windows on every floor and big doorknobs in the middle of the oddly shaped front doors. how poetic.

well, i miss you all very very much but i am planning on having the time of my life without you, so you'll just have to live vicariously through this blog. hopefully i'll remember to post often. i'll get pictures up when i can...most likely on facebook. p.s. if you have skype, find me so we can chat and i can see all of your beautiful faces!
cheers! (haha...love that!)
KA

1 comment:

sylvia said...

KrisAnn!! I miss miss miss you...and i'm so glad that you posted this so i can check on you everyday. I love you! Don't run off with some crazy Brit just so your children will have accents...marry for love, ok? xoxo

-sylvia