Friday 18 January 2008

Day 2


Welcome to Number 10 Canterbury Road! That's me there in the door...not knowing that I was having my picture taken by the amazing Jessalyn. But isn't it a cute house? My room is the one with 3 big windows on the right upstairs. Here in England that is referred to as the first floor. Where I am standing is the ground floor. So we have a basement, a ground floor, a first floor and a second floor. Get it? ok good. Today I slept late (cured jet lag!) and then got up and ate some oatmeal. (sorry, i'll try not to make this thing a play by play of my life...i'll definitely leave out bathing schedules, etc. that's just weird.) then we walked to Sainsbury's Local again to grab some more food. Then we walked all the way downtown, got lost once (my fault...i pretended to just be adventurous so I wouldnt make casey and jessalyn too nervous...) and then made it to our destination: Primark! I have decide that they should make primarks in the states. AMAZING. I definitely bought stuff there. (See picture below) I bought a great bag for 6 pounds (how do you make a pounds sign on this thing?) and a dress for 50p!!!! that's only 1 american dollar! and there's no tax on clothes here so i got all that for 6.50 even (about $13). brilliant. So basically im going to have to limit myself to about one trip a month to primark or i'll run outta money. Ok, so here's something i learned today: walking in oxford is like driving in dallas. not just because everyone does it, but because you have to walk defensively, just like defensive driving. i need rearview mirrors or something. there are people passing me, not just on the left, and there are people who go too slow, only they dont have brake lights. it's rough. i'm getting better though. no wrecks yet. well, we're about to go to some jazz music deal. pretty awesome. i'll post more tomorrow later!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aren't you cute there in the front door! very smart of Jessalyn. I'm glad she shared the photo with you. I love your descriptions! The details are very entertaining! Your purchases are quite cute. how was the jazz thing?

Katie Barnard said...

on my computer you make a pound sign with alt 3. just fyi. love you. can't wait to keep up with you one this.