Thursday 24 January 2008

Here comes the sun.

First things first. I am in a band. For real. We are on MySpace Music. We are called The VCR Jam. I will have pictures up soon - we recorded our first song tonight about an hour after we decided we should be a band. The members are myself, Ben Rogers (on guitar and backup vocals) and Grant Vickery (on backup vocals, guitar and harmonica). That is possibly the coolest thing that has happened to me - granted I have only been here a week so no drastic cultural experience has lent itself to be my dream come true other than this. But I really have always dreamed of being in a band.
www.myspace.com/thevcrjam
- check it out. it's really the funniest/most exciting thing ever. believe me.

Ok well, back to Oxford! Today I woke up and it was SUNNY! "Here comes the sun..." was the very appropriate song of the day. I went to the train station with abby, ben, katie and andy to buy tickets to go to Scotland and the realized that we could save 70 pounds per ticket by going in a few weeks. so we walked back. And then i went back to the train station as my plans to go to stonehenge were reformed and now I am officially going to Stonehenge/Salisbury on Saturday! i am so excited to take my first trip in Europe outside of Oxford, even if it is just a day trip! So, I walked about 8 miles today, on train station trips alone. Then I got some homework done (don't want to get behind yet!) and then went to G&D's for the first time and had a brownie and ice cream for dinner! It was totally worth the lack of nutritional value, as it was cheap and chocolaty deliciousness! Then we came back to the house at about 8 30 and Ben, Grant and I have been sitting around singing and playing music for the last 3 and a half hours, hence the making of the band. We sent our "demo" in for the battle of the bands here in oxford (that we found out about...today) so we're not sure if we made the deadline or not - more to come on that later. We could potentially be competing in an international battle of the bands. Life rocks. Even if we don't make it there, it was totally worth it just to be able to have "The VCR Jam" listed under my artists in iTunes so I can listen to us whenever I want! I hope everyone's day was as good as mine! I hear the church bell ringing midnight - that means I should probably go to bed! Goodnight!

1 comment:

sylvia said...

i'm officially friends with a BAND! yall sound awesome...i hope you get in battle of the bands!