Saturday 12 April 2008

For Momma

My mom requested that I put a few pictures of Oxford on here, so when I went for a stroll around town last week I took a few pictures - here is Oxford in the Spring!This is a close-up of one of the many beautiful tulip trees that are in full-bloom right now. This particular one is in the main quad of New College.





Here is the whole tree - so pretty!
















Here is a view of some of the chapel windows through the tulip tree.













The Bridge of Sighs on New College Lane.

















Mom liked the spires that you could see down almost every street in Oxford.











This is some sort of sun-dial, but I have no idea how you would tell time on that thing. It's also at New College
















Here is yet another spire.









I will try to take some more Oxford pictures in these last couple of weeks and post them for y'all to see!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Sweetie for the pictures! I love clicking on them and seeing the details! The chapel window through the tulips is really beautiful up close. And the limbs on the tulip trees have such pretty shapes. I also like the pink/red tulips just barely opening below the windows. i love the bike under bridge of sighs and the different colored buildings on the street to one of the spires and the ornamental lamp holder on the other. Oxford is such a pretty town. Get someone to take pictures of my you in some of those pretty settings before you leave. you could do the same for a friend! her mom would be happy too! love you! miss you!